The Bulgarians who migrated to the region known as Dwarf Sekman (Seymen) after 1858, established a neighborhood order and built a church here.
The church is located next to the Seymen Mosque, which was built between 1974 and 1975 and still exists today.
According to rumors, the building served as a church until 1912.
Another rumor is that the building was converted from a church to a mosque after the Republic and served as a mosque until the 1970s.
However, there is no definitive document or record to confirm these rumors.
“Exarchia” means “Vice Ruler” in Bulgarian language. Known as a church or mosque, the building suffered a fire in the past.